We are fundraising this holiday season for a special rescue Percheron gelding named "Junior Cong". Junior Cong is a massive (almost 20 hand) draft horse that was brought to Iron Gait with medical issues after being removed from a neglect situation. We have an opportunity to correct his issues with specialized surgery that will relieve chronic pain and possibly restore vision in one of his eyes. Surgery is of course expensive and we hope that with everyone's help we can raise enough funds to make this happen for him.
At the same time, we have an opportunity to expand future donation and sponsorship opportunities through a fundraising platform and community called Global Giving. Global Giving only accepts registered 501(c)(3) organizations into their fundraising platform that can pass an initial fundraising "challenge". Meeting this challenge and being accepted into the Global Giving community could significantly expand our horizons. This is a VERY important step for Iron Gait to be able to expand our outreach and help fund the daily care and housing for current and future rescue horses.
Please read the Challenge details (Terms and Conditions) below and see how significantly this opportunity could help Iron Gait assist more horses in need. The Challenge begins at 12:01am ET on Monday, November 25th, 2013 and the goal is to earn a permanent spot on the Global Giving platform by raising a minimum of $5,000 from at least 40 donors.
We need your help during this special Challenge, not only to save Junior Cong's quality of life, but to help better position Iron Gait for future fundraising needs. As always, thank you so much for your past and future support. And remember... Adopt a Percheron and Save a TON of Spirit!
Here is the link to our fundraising project on Global Giving: http://goto.gg/15340
The Challenge is for participants to generate donations for their projects between November 25, 2013 (00:00:00 EST) and December 31, 2013 (23:59:59 EST). ANY Project that is able to meet the challenge threshold of raising $5000 from at least 40 separate donors will be invited to stay on at Global Giving. These projects will be eligible to continue receiving donations from the general public, private and corporate foundations through www.globalgiving.org and take advantage of Global Giving's fundraising tools and services.
Throughout the Challenge, all projects are eligible to receive donations from the general public, private and corporate foundations through www.globalgiving.org Online donations will be accepted through December 31, 2013 until 23:59:59 EST. Checks received by December 30, 2013 will be included in the Challenge and will count towards the number of unique donors for each project. Checks received after 23:59:59 EST December 30, 2013 will be applied to the indicated project, but will not count towards the Challenge. Checks should be made payable to the Global Giving Foundation and should clearly indicate the project to which the funds should be applied.
Terms and Conditions as presented by Global Giving
• The Challenge is for participants to generate donations for their projects between November 25, 2013 and December 31, 2013 (11:59:59 EST).
• ANY Project that is able to raise a minimum of $5000 and at least 40 separate donors will be invited to stay on at Global Giving. All projects have to meet this threshold to be eligible for the bonus grants for most funds raised and for most unique donors.
• At the conclusion of the Challenge the top three (3) projects that raise the most funds will also receive supplementary cash bonuses from Global Giving of $3,000, $2,000, and$1,000 respectively.
• At the conclusion of the Challenge the top project with the greatest number of unique donors will be awarded a bonus of $2,000.
• Bonus Days! For 3 separate days, starting at 09:00:01 EST and ending at 23:59:59 EST, all ONLINE, unique donations (up to $1000 each) will be matched at 15% until the total matching grant of $5000 on each day is used up. The project with the most funds raised from 09:00:01 EST until 23:59:59 EST on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000. The project with the most unique donors from 09:00:01 EST until 23:59:59 EST on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000.
• On a Bonus Day, ONLY donations of $25 and above are eligible for the match.
• On a Bonus Day, ONLY donations of $25 and above are counted as a unique donor for the purpose of calculating the Bonus Day Bonus.
• On a Bonus Day, donations between $10 and $25 count towards the Open Challenge goals and related prizes for most funds raised and most unique donors.
• Bonus Day Dates
• Bonus Day #1: December 3, 2013
• Bonus Day #2: December 11, 2013
• Bonus Day #3: December 19, 2013
Please note, for all bonus opportunities, Global Giving will be monitoring donor activity and can invalidate any activity of misconduct.
• Online donations will be accepted through December 31, 2013 until 23:59:59 EST. Checks received by December 30, 2013 will be included in the Challenge and will count towards the number of unique donors for each project. Checks received after December 31st will be applied to the indicated project, but will not count towards the Challenge. Checks should be made payable to the Global Giving Foundation and should clearly indicate the project to which the funds should be applied. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept cash donations.
• All checks for projects on Global Giving must be made out to the Global Giving Foundation and mailed to our address on or before December 30, 2013. Global Giving accepts checks issued in the U.S. above 10 U.S. dollars (USD). Checks issued by a non-U.S. country must be more than 100 USD or equivalent in the local currency. Global Giving will not cash international checks that are less than 100 USD.
• Any activity not in the spirit of requesting separate individuals to support donations is being moderated by Global Giving and Global Giving reserves the right to permanently disqualify organizations for any attempts of misconduct. Online donations are considered unique if they are made from separate emails. We also request that different credit cards be used and monitor this in our databases. We are monitoring I.P. addresses, credit cards, mailing addresses and various other parameters in our system to ensure that the only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the Challenge thresholds.
IGP holds Open Houses
every other month throughout the year.
Come visit the horses,
enjoy the food, music,
help support the rescue.
IGP's NEXT OPEN HOUSE:
DECEMBER 14th, 2013
Support Junior Cong Fundraiser
Junior Cong (10 yr. old Percheron Draft gelding)
came to Iron Gait Percherons~Draft Horse Rescue
from a Michigan Humane Society. They could not find
any other help for him due to his extreme size.
Iron Gait gladly offered Junior to live out the rest
of his years here at our Rescue. With all of his previous
abuse and neglect, we promised to help him as much
as possible to lead a normal life.
Junior came to IGP with a blind eye and severely deformed/hurt back foot. After a radiography by our veterinary doctor, His previous foot injury, is a "sequestrum" (a fragment of dead bone detached from adjoining sound bone) in his left hind foot and it needs to be removed with surgery. This will relieve him from reoccurring abscesses, lameness and daily pain. With his size (almost 20 hands) and weight (approx. 2,400 pounds or more), it is necessary to relieve this foot pressure.. After surgery, and with healing time, he will make a full recovery and will be able to be ridden again and live a normal pain free life. examination of his eye, it was found that from a previous untreated injury, he has a lens pressing against another causing friction and infection which is the reason for his impaired vision/blindness. It may be possible to repair his lens and he will then have limited vision without continuous infections.
Junior desperately needs this surgery for his foot before the pain becomes to intense which will cause him eventually to have to be euthanized. He will have to go to UGA (University of Georgia) for surgery. This surgery and after care will be quite costly an estimated $5,000 - $7,000. or more due to his size and nature of his injury. We are asking everyone's help financially to reach the goal.
Iron Gait Percherons ~ Draft Horse Rescue operates solely on donations and sponsorships. We guarantee 100% of all/any donations go directly into helping all of the rescue horses. We are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit which makes your donation tax deductible.
Please join this Special event and contribute generously to Junior Congs' cause, making it possible for IGP to reach our goal to help him.
Junior Cong has become our Ambassador here at the rescue. He shows for events to help us to educate the public on the Percheron Draft Horses and the need to help the large breed horses in our community and across the USA.
Thank you everyone for your support and generosity helping Iron Gait to Help The Needing Horses.
Junior Cong Pictured in photo below
We would like to invite back all of our Wonderful
Vendors and Possibly invite some New Vendors.
PLEASE R.S.V.P if you can join us again and set up a table or Tent.
Link to our 2nd Anniversary Celebration
What Fun Meeting all of Our wonderful supporters!
We are looking forward to your continued support towards Helping IGP Help the Horses!
*You can Stop by (please call for an appointment) with a donation and visit the horses...
or mail a check/money order to the address listed below:
Iron Gait Percherons, Inc.
114 Hancock Mountain Trail
Waleska, Ga. 30183
*Donation tab Via our website:
Please help provide shelter
for the rescue horses
Some of our rescued horses have emotional issues with being placed in a stall.
We have already bought and put one of these buildings up
as a run in shelter for the outside horses in one of their pastures.
*With helping more horses now, We are asking for your help
to be able to provide adequate shelter in another pasture for horses with stall issues.
*With this shelter it will help keep them out of the weather and provide shade in the summer.
*The more shelters we can provide the more horses we can help.
To help please PayPal-
Mail a check:
Iron Gait Percherons, Inc.
114 Hancock Mountain Trail
Waleska, Ga. 30183
For any questions or Concerns please Phone:
Thank you again :)
Helping to educate the future generation
the need for rescuing horses
the love we need to share with our equine friends!
Children's Summer Day Camp
Our team will:
Educate the children about what we do here at Iron Gait,
Why Rescue is important in our Society,
We will have horsey crafts,
The proper daily feeding,
The proper responsibilities and caring for a horse,
Safety when you are around horses,
How to properly tack and care for the tack,
On their last day
All get a free lesson on proper riding.
Please email/call now to enroll your child
** Accepting Children of ages 5-17 **
$200 donation per week per child/$50 donation per day
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (770) 796-2598